When you are a wife and a mother, life is very busy. In the morning, you tend to your kids and then in the evening and then again, in the afternoon. After they arrive, pretty much your first 6 to 10 years are all about them. In the middle of this, when dropping them to school, going to Church or when attending your kid’s soccer game, you need to look at least socially passable. After all, you can’t go looking like a hag with messy hair and in Pj’s, and risk embarrassing your kid.
So, to help you look like the most attentive and put together mom, we bring you 4 hairstyles that are simple and pretty:
You can never go wrong with a top knot. It’s every woman’s go-to hairstyle whether going out shopping or strolling. We are not talking about the messy bun but an elegant top knot that makes you look like a “mom”. Here’s how to make it:
- Gather all your hair at the top of your head by throwing your head forward.
- Use a thick black pony and tie your hair as high as possible.
- Now, slowly circle the hair around the pony and create an open knot.
- Secure the ends with pins.
This hairstyle looks best on women with straight or natural loose curls. A great hairstyle for short hairs, it allows you to sweep every hair strand from your face and secure it in a unique ponytail. Here’s how to make it:
- Tie you hair close to your neck.
- Now, loosen the pony a little and insert two fingers under the pony to separate your hair from the head.
- Flip your ponytail in this gap.
- Make two flips to create visible twists.
- If your hair is silky, apply some hair spray, so that the twists don’t open.
The Blair Waldorf Look
Who can forget the iconic looks of Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl? That girl had some taste and apparently a great hairstylist, who we never saw on the show. One of her best hairstyles in the show was the twist and turn pony tail. Here’s how to make up:
- Take a lock of hair from the right side edge of your head, twist and turn it to the back, and tie it with a rubber band with a lock of hair from the middle.
- Repeat this on the left side and then tie both the ponytails together.
- Now, part your hair in threes, leaving the pony tail and bring two in front on either side.
- Now twist and turn the parted hair, bring it back from above the ponytail and tie it.
- Repeat it on the other side and secure all the ponytails with a thick black pony.
The ultimate mom look that all kids have been guilty of mimicking to look like their rock star. This one’s pretty simple and elegant. Here’s how to do it:
- Twist and turn a lock of hair from the right side, bring it to the back and secure it with a pin.
- Repeat it on the left and remove the pin.
- Tie your hair in a ponytail and part it in the middle from above.
- Flip the ponytail inside and roll your hair inside the pony.
- Secure the wayward strands with pins.
So, next time, even if you are taking a stroll in your neighborhood, try these hairstyles and be the cool mom on the block.