I’ve made these a few times now, and love how simple yet delicious they are. They make a perfect side dish to any meal, or a meal themselves.
Plus, a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables!
- 2 large zucchinis, shredded
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded ( colby jack, cheddar, or mozzarella)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Shred both zucchinis into a large bowl and sprinkle with sea salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes, then using a cheese cloth or strainer, drain the excess water.
- Add the zucchini back into the large bowl, add in egg, almond flour, seasonings, and cheese. Mix together, well.
- Form mixture into small patties and lay onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Turn patties, then bake another 10 minutes or so, until you get a nice golden color on both sides.