Coconut Butter Macaroons
When you switch to a Paleo lifestyle, an ingredient you will find often is coconut. If you don’t like coconut, you might as well skip this post because these Coconut Butter Macaroons are the most delectable coconut cookies ever.
By far, the easiest and most delicious Macaroon recipe I’ve ever made, and one that is going straight into our family recipe book.
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over low heat, melt coconut butter in a small pot. Make sure you stir well and keep it on low, so you don't burn it.
- Stir in maple syrup and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the shredded coconut and sea salt, and mix well.
- Spoon the cookie mixture onto lined cookie sheets, about the size of a golf ball. I used an ice cream scoop to help.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are a nice golden-brown.
- Let them cool for about 30 minutes.
These are absolutely delicious already, but a great add-on is to melt some dark chocolate chips, and either drizzle the tops of the macaroons, or dip the bottoms of the macaroons in the dark chocolate. Because who doesn’t love chocolate??