Gunnar Peterson started out as an overweight kid and through his experiences has learned to deal with his food and fitness demons. He is now sharing what he has learned by giving everyone else the opportunity to reclaim themselves. While you can read more about him here, our main focus today is the amazing challenge he has put together.
I feel it necessary to share my personal story in order to help you understand what it means to me. I’ve always fluctuated back and forth in my weight 10-15lbs or so. I’ve always been called too thick or too skinny and there’s no happy medium for anybody. However, my happy medium is roughly 15-20lbs lighter than I am right now. I thought I could do it on my own like I have before. So far though, I am only good at maintaining my current weight, which was the result of pregnancy and depression.
I started out really strong losing 5 lbs in just under two weeks. I was really proud of myself and then I got overwhelmed with everything going on at home as well. I have a 1 and 3 year old and they like to watch me exercise (and get in the way trying to copy) but it’s great to know I’m setting a good example for them and encouraging good habits. I’m in the process of getting the spouse on board. As a family we went walking for a couple weeks together and I’d like to start that up again. I’ve been so discouraged, feeling like I have no support. In the end I realize I have to do it for myself. I went too hard too fast for all the wrong reasons and I had to step back.
The Gunnar Challenge
- Each workout plan is designed by Gunnar and can be customized for all fitness levels (beginners to advanced) to achieve specific fitness goals.
- Daily meal plans and Recipe finder
- Diary to keep yourself accountable
- Online forum, to stay connected with other challengers and help encourage one another
- Daily ‘Morning Motivator’ message and training tips from Gunnar, the same ones he gives to his Hollywood clients.
- Branded presence on Facebook and Twitter, to encourage sharing messages of encouragement and success.
- Videos for all the workouts
- Homepage with a checklist and goals to remind you why you’re doing this
- Pie chart with your intakes so you can see your weak spots
- Flexible calorie counter to keep you on target with what you should be eating based on what you regularly do (as a SAHM I should be ingesting about 1200-1400 calories a day).
Gunnar’s workout plan was fun and interesting, fresh. He incorporated his sense of humor to all the videos and I looked forward to watching him every day. While I didn’t reach my target weight loss, it wasn’t because the program failed. It was because I failed. The people who put their all in it, got great results. Some people even lost as much as 20+ lbs in 8 weeks! I’m so proud of them for going the extra mile.
I’m not giving up on my journey and I’m actually really excited at all the wonderful things I’ve learned that I can continue doing after the challenge. With life going on, it is hard to remember to take care of yourself and with this program I feel like I’ve been given the opportunity to learn just how to do that.
I’m proud to say that because of the challenge my spouse has opened his eyes a little to what I need and has tried to cut back on fried foods and start thinking healthier options, like side salads. Recently for our three year anniversary his surprise to me was to go hiking. It was the most amazing thing ever and I so look forward to the upcoming adventures.
The Gunnar Challenge costs $99 (or less than $2 a day) for the 8 week program. It’s accessible online, making it easy to follow the schedule in any location – at home, in the office, gym or on the road. With the Challenge, you will receive all the support tools mentioned above. To inspire and help track progress, the Challenge will showcase leader-boards and a chance to win prizes based on effort, results and performance.
Try The Gunnar Challenge for free – check out the “Premiere” workout hosted by Gunnar available at: GunnarChallenge.com/live. Visit gunnarchallenge.com to register, learn more information about the program, and sign up for The Gunnar Challenge newsletter.
I received The Gunnar Challenge, 8 week program for my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.