Coincidentally, today is actually National S’mores Day, but last night I was feeling a little sad that my husband and our oldest daughter are leaving to go camping this weekend.
“I want S’mores too.” I demanded.
So instead, I decided to make these absolutely delicious and easy S’mores Bars, adapted from a recipe over at Six Sisters’ Stuff.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Hershey's milk chocolate bars
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Then whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the butter mixture into the flour mixture, and mix together until you get a doughy mix.
- Divide half the dough, and press it firmly into your greased pan. Layer the milk chocolate bars across the pan, then add your mini marshmallows on top of the chocolate bars. Top with the remaining dough, pressing firmly on top. It won't be perfect, but this will let some of the marshmallows brown up, just like roasting them on the campfire.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool before cutting and serving.