Since Mamavation, I have been trying to make a conscious effort to still eat healthy, even though I still crave sweets and desserts. So what better way then to take a classic treat like cupcakes and add vegetables!!
That’s right. These cupcakes are not only delicious and sweet, but actually have veggies in them. I bet your kids will love them, just as much as mine did.
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 (8 oz) Reduced Fat Strawberry Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Lite Cool Whip
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, applesauce, honey, and vanilla. Fold in the carrot, zucchini, and walnuts.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Slowy add the flour mixture into the we mixture, stir until well mixed.
- Spray the muffin tins or use muffin papers. Fill each about 3/4 full.
- Bake about 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, cool whip, and powdered sugar until fluffy. Spread over cooled cupcakes.
…and yes, they’re even better then carrot cake!