The other day, I decided to trick my girls for breakfast. I told them I was making waffles, like I do usually every other weekend. Except, this time I was wanted to try the Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Waffle Cookies recipe I found on Pinterest.
Of course, when you mention chocolate chips in this house and the girls get all giddy and excited. Although these are supposed to be cookies, my husband still eat them with syrup, they are a little more dry then regular cookies.
Super easy to make and cook, this is a fun treat for the whole family.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Heat the waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Coat the waffle iron with the non-stick cooking spray. Using a small ice cream scoop, portion out a scoop into each waffle square. Close and cook until lightly brown. Approx. 2-3 minutes.
Feel free to top with fruit and whip cream, syrup, or even ice cream!