I will be the first to admit, that as much as I LOVE photography, I just can not compete with the photos that come from a lot of food bloggers. I wouldn’t call myself a food blogger, but I do love to cook and try to share my recipes with you guys as often as I possibly can.
When I had the chance to read Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, you know I had to jump all over that.
First off, it’s a wonderful book. Easy to read and follow, and gives you tons of great tips and feedback. It’s the perfect book to get started with, and hopefully will help you with your food photography as well.
What I love most about the book -
- Teaches you camera equipment info
- Continues on to talk about photo editing software, including Adobe
- Shows you before and after (editing) photos
- She lets you know what props are most helpful and what she uses when taking photos
- How to capture the right photo with natural lighting & when natural light is not available
I even picked up table mats recently, and am planning on trying the local thrift store for some vintage plates.
You can pick up a copy of Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots by Nicole S. Young from Amazon for only $14.99.
Let me know what you think!
I received a copy of this book for my review. All thoughts and opinions remain my own.