This post brought to you by Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
Nothing beats game day party food like chips and layered dip made with delicious guacamole! Am I right? Well, here’s your chance to share your favorite guacamole recipe AND enter to win some fabulous prizes!
Avocados from Mexico on Facebook is hosting a Guac Off Recipe Contest and wants YOU to enter!
Between NOW and Jan. 20th, simply submit your favorite guacamole recipe (with a picture) into the Avocados from Mexico Guac Off Recipe Contest and the top 10 recipes will be chosen.
Three lucky winners will each receive an iPad 2 and an autographed cookbook by Celebrity Chef Roberto Santibanez and 7 runners-up will each receive a $200 grocery gift card and an autographed cookbook by Celebrity Chef Roberto Santibanez.
PLUS, everyone who submits a recipe entry will automatically be entered to win a $100 grocery gift card, with 10 winners total!
Need a little inspiration? Check out Avocados from Mexico recipes or try this delicious Layered Guacamole & White Bean Dip recipe below.
Layered Guacamole & White Bean Dip
Serves: Serves 8-10
Prep time: 25 min.
Cook time: 25 min.
1 can (15-ounces) cannellini beans, drained
1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, peeled
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon salt, divided
2 cups chopped red onion
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup sour cream
2 cups chopped tomato
3 avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed
1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 5 slices)
1/4 cup crumbled Romano or feta cheese
1. In food processor, combine beans, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt; whirl until smooth.
2. In a 9x7x2-1/2-inch baking dish, spread white bean dip evenly on bottom.
3. In a small bowl, combine red onions, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; mix well. Arrange onion mixture over the white bean dip.
4. Season sour cream with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; spread over onions. Season tomatoes with 1 teaspoon of the salt; arrange over sour cream.
5. In a medium bowl, combine avocados, remaining 3 tablespoons of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of salt. Gently spread avocado mixture over tomatoes.
6. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Serve with chips, pita wedges or raw veggies.
What are you waiting for? Go enter!