So a couple of weeks ago I bought three huge cans of pumpkin from Costco. Last week I decided to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins for breakfast. Of course they were a hit in this house! So this week I thought I would go ahead and make Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
You read right…it’s like Pumpkin Pie in a cupcake!
The perfect fall cupcake!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the vanilla extract. Continue to wisk mixture while alternately adding the flour mixture and pumpkin puree.
- Fill 12 muffin cups evenly with the batter using two spoons.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 18 – 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Frost cupcakes with cream cheese icing and top with sprinkles!
This recipe was adapted from For The Mommas.