Homemade (Wendy’s) Chili and World’s Best Honey Cornbread
So when it comes to chili, I’m just a tad bit picky. One that I LOVE though, believe it or not, is Wendy’s Chili. So my mission was to make a version at home that tasted just like it. This recipe is adapted from Top Secret Recipes.
And who could forget some cornbread to go along with my chili? Check out the World’s Best Honey Cornbread recipe at Money Saving Mom!
2 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 oz can of tomato sauce
- 15 oz can of kidney beans (with liquid)
- 15 oz can of pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green chili
- 2 medium tomatos, chopped
- 2 Tb Chili Powder
- 1 tp black pepper
- 1 tp salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat. Crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for about 2-3 hours.
I started the 17 day diet recently, and have been on the hunt for recipes for dinner. I stumbled upon one…
Bring a Little Sicilian into Your Kitchen with This Easy Way to Cook Couscous
photo credit For this Sicilian couscous recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients: 2 1/2 cups couscous 1/2 cup olive oil Salt 1 pinch saffron…
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Nothing says Fall quite like pumpkin everything, right? Pumpkin Whoopie Pies will make the perfect dessert for your next party or…