Hi everyone! I am so glad to be here, thank you Hanan for having me! I love getting a chance to meet some new people. My name is Tanyia, yes I spelled that right, I promise! lol Everyone always asks me that, as if I could not spell my own name! I have a blog called Surviving Motherhood, where I blog about anything and everything that keeps me sane enough to survive being a mom of 3! One of the things that I love to do is bake! I love making things that smell good, look pretty, taste delicious, and make everyone in my family smile!
This recipe is for a Caramel Toffee Cake, and it is so seriously delicious. One thing I learned is that if you make it a day ahead and let it set up and soak in overnight it is even better, if that is possible! Take a look, try it out, and let me know what you think. I would love to have you stop by my blog sometime as well, so feel free to hop over. I share crafts, sewing projects, digital scrap booking and hybrid projects as well as cooking and baking recipes! … anyway, ENJOY! :)
- 1 box of German chocolate cake mix (do not use plain choc)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bottle of caramel ice cream topping
- 1 large tub of cool whip, thawed
- 6 English toffee bars (i.e. Skor or Heath)
- Bake the cake according to the package directions.
- Once the cake comes out of the oven, while it is still warm, poke all over with holes. Pour the entire can of milk and the entire jar of caramel on the cake. Then use a spatula to spread evenly on the cake. Let it sit until completely cool, letting the liquids soak in to the cake.
- Spread cool whip on cake. Crush the candy bars and spread over the cool whip. If you can, let it sit over night before serving, but either way is delish!
Be ready with a sigh and a little flour on your nose so that when they thank you for making this delicious cake, that even my cake hating husband loves, you can smile tiredly and make them think it took all day to make… but you did it just for them!