I absolutely love this time of year! Our trees are turning shades of orange, yellow, and red! The weather is cooling down and it’s apple picking time! Of course living in WA (known for our apples) surely helps!
We headed to our local apple orchard with a few other friends from the mom’s group I am in. We got to see where they make apple cider and ride on a tractor through the orchard and pick some apples!
Now the whole reason we went to pick apples (besides having fun) was to make my first apple pie! I was so excited to receive everything I needed to make one from Pillsbury and My Blog Spark, except the apples of course (which we got to pick!)
Here are a few favorite recipes…
- Perfect Apple Pie is the model of a classic dessert – a beautiful double-crust creation with sugary cinnamon, nutmeg and a splash of lemon juice. So easy to make, this recipe is great for beginner pie bakers looking for impressive results.
- Festive Apple-berry Pie is the perfect blend of sweet and tart, with a gorgeous color palette of golden apples and dark red cranberries. Use frozen cranberries to make this dish even more quick and easy!
- Topsy-Turvy Apple Pie combines two classics – apple and pecan. Invert the plate to reveal a gorgeous pecan topping. This is a dessert that both apple and pecan pie fans will “flip over”.
- Easy Apple Pie Foldover is a great solution for keeping the kids happy; a simple mixture of apples and brown sugar folded inside a golden brown baked Pillsbury pie crust. With four servings, it´s a modestly sized apple treat that is kid-friendly to make, and eat.
- Cinnamon-Apple Pie with Caramel-Pecan Sauce truly harvests all of autumn´s bounty in a clever presentation. Ready in just under an hour – each slice is topped off with a luscious blend of butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, pecans, whipping cream and vanilla for a saucy treat.
For being my first apple pie (or pie for that matter) I must say how EASY it was to have the Pillsbury crust all ready to go! I took it out of the fridge first (it needs to thaw for 10-15 minutes). Next, I peeled all the apples, used the apple cutter, and mixed them up with a these ingredients. Then just roll out the crust in the pan, add the apples, then roll out the 2nd crust out on top.
I want to thank Pillsbury for providing me with the products, information, and giveaway through MyBlogSpark for my review. No other compensation was received, and opinions are completely my own. Full Disclosure here.