Nothing says Fall quite like pumpkin everything, right? Pumpkin Whoopie Pies will make the perfect dessert for your next party or gathering, this Fall.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, chilled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pinches salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour.
- Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop 10 mounds of batter unto each baking sheet. Bake until springy to the touch, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack, and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter with the cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla. Mix well until blended, then beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the flat side of 10 cakes with the cream cheese frosting. Top each with another cake.
Add sprinkles for a fun look!
Recipe adapted by RachelRay.com